Veteran Client Assistant
Veterans Leadership Program
Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) is Western and Central Pennsylvania’s premier Veteran service organization. For 40 years, VLP has operated with a focus on empowering Veterans to navigate the transitions of life and supports every Veteran in reaching their fullest potential. With supportive and service-oriented expertise, VLP serves over 7,000 Veterans annually through comprehensive programs and partnerships. VLP is the largest provider of Veteran subsidized housing in Western Pennsylvania, operates two of the nation’s most effective employment programs, as well as holistic wellness and additional supports for Veterans and their families.
VLP is a team comprised of experienced leadership, support staff, and case managers including Veterans, National Guard, Army Reserve, family members of Veterans, and civilian supporters who are deeply committed to assisting any and every Veteran.
Overview of Position
The position of the Veteran Service Navigator, is to create, promote and encourage an atmosphere and tone at Veterans Leadership Program that conveys a welcoming, caring, and professional impression to clients. Responsible for the front desk/reception area and providing general office support to VLP staff. Answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associate, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Salary Range: $38,000 to $40,000
- Create and maintain a professional, caring and personalized client experience. Proactively anticipate the needs of clients by learning their preferences, to ensure they feel valued and appreciated at all times.
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls appropriately. Provide callers with information such ascompany address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other relatedinformation.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, clients, and others as well as refers, when necessary to the appropriate person, official, or department.
- Work closely with the intake process by scheduling appointments, inputting basic client information into EHR, and notifying Service Navigator of scheduled intakes.
- Document all encounters with individuals, whether enrolled in VLP Programs or seeking information, in organizational EHR.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies.
- Facilitate conference room usage and firm events. Ensure rooms are clean, organized and stocked for allmeetings/events.
- Process information line inquires.
- Assist the public with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Maintain and distribute an employee roster and telephone listing.
- Complete and lead tasks and projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service and our culture of going above and beyond.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated, meticulous, practical and flexible. Able to effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information to clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet, e-mail.
- Ability to support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma Required.
- Associates degree in business, communications or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as an administrative assistant or similar position preferred.
- Act 33 and 34 clearances.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education