Veteran Housing Service Coordinator- Allegheny County (HUD)
Veterans Leadership Program
Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) is Western and Central Pennsylvania’s premier Veteran service organization. For nearly 40 years, VLP has operated with a focus on empowering Veterans to navigate the transitions of life and supports every Veteran in reaching their fullest potential. With supportive and service-oriented expertise, VLP serves over 7,000 Veterans annually through comprehensive programs and partnerships. VLP is the largest provider of Veteran subsidized housing in Western Pennsylvania, operates two of the nation’s most effective employment programs, as well as holistic wellness and additional supports for Veterans and their families.
VLP is a team comprised of experienced leadership, support staff, and case managers including Veterans, National Guard, Army Reserve, family members of Veterans, and civilian supporters who are deeply committed to assisting any and every Veteran.
Overview of Position
The Veteran Housing Service Coordinator, under the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Supportive Housing Program, provides comprehensive outreach and case management services to Veterans and their households in Allegheny County. The Veteran Housing Service Coordinator assists Veterans who are experiencing homelessness transition into permanent housing.
- Provide direct and comprehensive housing case management to Veteran households.
- Complete HUD assessment for eligible Veterans and maintain and update HUD program case file with necessary documentation.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly meetings with all clients and complete individual service plans, monthly budgeting plans, and provide appropriate referrals.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other community resources such as permanent housing providers and social service providers.
- Attend outreach events and promote VLP services.
- Attend weekly and monthly VLP and HUD program meetings.
- Maintain client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with VLP and HUD guidelines.
- Maintain agency required productivity standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all training and meetings as required.
- Participate in special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priority projects.
- Take initiative and handle a variety of activities concurrently in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines along with attention to details a must.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Progressive skills in crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Self-directed, flexible with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Presentation skills along with professional behaviors, attitude and appearance.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
Experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or Social Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years successful experience in human services, case management or housing counseling preferred.
- FBI Act 73, criminal history, and Act 33 and Act 34 clearances required.
- Position requires a valid PA driver’s license and good driving record.
- $42,000 - $45,000