Veteran Housing Service Coordinator (SSVF Beaver County)
Veterans Leadership Program
Veterans Leadership Program (VLP) is Western and Central Pennsylvania’s premier Veteran service organization. For 40 years, VLP has operated with a focus on empowering Veterans to navigate the transitions of life and supports every Veteran in reaching their fullest potential. With supportive and service-oriented expertise, VLP serves over 7,000 Veterans annually through comprehensive programs and partnerships. VLP is the largest provider of Veteran subsidized housing in Western Pennsylvania, operates two of the nation’s most effective employment programs, as well as holistic wellness and additional supports for Veterans and their families.
VLP is a team comprised of experienced leadership, support staff, and case managers including Veterans, National Guard, Army Reserve, family members of Veterans, and civilian supporters who are deeply committed to assisting any and every Veteran.
Overview of Position
The Veteran Housing Service Coordinator, under the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program, provides comprehensive outreach and case management services to Veterans and their households in Beaver County and surrounding counties; and assists Veterans who are experiencing homelessness, or a housing crisis transition into permanent housing.
Location: Beaver County
Salary Range: $36,000 to $44,000
- Provide direct and comprehensive housing case management to Veteran households
- Facilitate and conduct outreach including tabling events, speaking engagements, and virtual meetings
- Complete SSVF assessment for eligible Veterans
- Maintain and update SSVF program case file with necessary documentation
- Schedule and facilitate monthly meetings with all SSVF clients
- Complete individual service plans, monthly budgeting plans, and provide appropriate referrals
- Collaborate and coordinate with other community resources such as permanent housing providers and social service providers
- Attend weekly and monthly VLP and SSVF program meetings
- Maintain client confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements at all times
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner consistent with VLP guidelines
- Maintain agency required productivity standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priority projects.
- Take initiative and handle a variety of activities concurrently in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines along with attention to details a must.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Progressive skills in crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
- Self-directed, flexible with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Presentation skills along with professional behaviors, attitude and appearance.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
Experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or Social Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years successful experience in human services, case management or housing counseling required.
- FBI Act 73, criminal history, and Act 33 and Act 34 clearances required.
- Position requires a valid PA driver’s license and good driving record.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education